Saturday, May 28, 2011

Graduation - May 21, 2011



Well, I guess it's official...I am a college graduate!

Although I finished classes in December, I actually walked in May. Here are pictures from the big day. I got to sit on stage during the ceremony and got a special award. It was really fun and an experience I will never forget. Jeff's mom and dad came down for the occasion, as well as his sister Jennie and her family. We had a great time, showing them around our neighborhood and spending quality time together.

Here are pictures of the day:

Before the ceremony, my dad and I went all around campus and did a little photo shoot at all the places that are important to me.



The walkway to the library



Then I met up with friends from my major and we all took group shots around campus together...

Super Cheese!: Me, Kim, Jennifer, Rachael, Annie, Isa, Marya



Annie, Rachael, Marya, Kim, Andrea, Jennifer, Isa and Me

Annie, Kim, Andrea, Rachael, Me, Marya, Jenifer, Isa



Then we parted ways and we got in position for the ceremony. Backstage was pretty cool. We had a special dressing room with refreshments (fruit, cookies, nuts, cheese and lots of different beverages). It was really cool. I also got to sit in between two of my favorite professors, and in front of my other favorite professor.
Standing on stage during the ceremony. Can you find me?



After receiving the award for "Outstanding Student in the Nutrition Major": Dean Grattas, me and my "most influential teacher", Dr. Beshgetoor (Medical Nutrition Therapy Teacher)



After we received our award we had to stand in front of a green screen and have our pictures taken. This was my end result...Always gotta pull a face, just ask my mom...or husband...




After the ceremony: Dave, Carole, Me, Jeff





After the Ceremony: Chris, Mom, Me, Grandma




Me and El Jefe



The Happy Parents


Everyone minus Me, Bradley and Jennie: Chris, Grandma, Dave, Jeffrey, Carole, Mom, El Jefe, Lenny (photo courtesy of Jennie)


Carole, Lenny, Bradley, Jennie, Bradley, Me, Jeff





Graduation Present from Mom and Dad...Part One


Graduation Present from my mom and dad...Part Two. Amazing!



After the long, long, long ceremony, My friends Marie and Doug met us at Mazara's, an Italian Restaurant down the street from our house.


Group shot. The food was delicious. We had a great cake afterwards. I felt loved and was surrounded by awesome people the whole day.

3 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

I loved the picture with you pulling a face, it's classic!

Also loved your red heels with your graduation gown.

Congrats!

HibshManda said...

Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention that the face was "Blue Steel" from Zoolander :-)

Melissa said...

SMARTIE!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! That is a major accomplishment! I can't wait to see all the things you are going to accomplish in your life!