Back in December when we heard there would actually be an NBA season, Jeff and I decided we would go up to The Staples Center this season and watch a Jazz Game. Our neighbor, Michael (who is also from Utah) often comes over and watches Jazz games with us, so we all devised a plan to come up to LA at the end of the season and watch The Jazz vs lakers or clippers. Since Clippers games are much less expensive than Lakers games, we decided to go up and see the Blake Griffin and Chris Paul show.
Jeff and Michael . We tried to get Stockton and Malone Jerseys for them to wear up to the game, but they were pretty expensive...next time..
Me and Jeff
Our seats were directly across from Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal).
We were also directly behind Matt Harpring and Craig Bolderjack. At halftime, we caught Matt's attention and he came over and introduced himself, asked where we were from and said that he would try to get shots of us because I was wearing a Utah shirt. As suspected, he was a super nice guy.
When the cameras came over to Matt and Craig at half time, we could see the live feed on their computers, so I tried waving to everyone watching in Utah...but I had to kind of bend over a rail to wave. On my end, all I could see was my hand, so I bent down a little bit. I guess it worked, because this was the screen shot Katie got:
Not the most flattering angle, but hilarious none-the-less.
Surprisingly, it was really fun to be one of the only Jazz fans in attendance. There was an 8 year old Clippers fan sitting a couple people away from us who kept heckling me. Next to us was a really sweet older Filipino couple who kept talking to us about how we should have never traded D. Will and Carlos Boozer. We told them "just wait and see...give this team 2 years and they will be in the finals..."
We also got some great shots of the players:
CJ Miles and Paul Millsap
Little Gordie Hayward. I yelled his name and got a wave. Pretty cool!
It was just so exciting! Michael and I kept taking pictures of every thing, and Jeff kept saying to me "Ok, i get it, you're at a Jazz game." (as in, "you don't have to take pictures of everything" haha!) Our seats were perfect and surprisingly weren't too expensive. It was a fun time, even though the Jazz got WORKED. The only thing that would have made it better would be if the Jazz won and if we were at the Energy Solutions arena.
After the game was over, we walked down and asked Matt Harpring if I could get a picture with him.
I just love getting pictures with famous people. I can add it to my collection of me with the guys from 2-live-crew and Rupert Gee from The David Letterman Show.
Lastly, on our walk back to the car, we came upon a ridiculous high end furniture store, where they sold very interesting lamps.
Anyway, that was our trip, and it was a lot of fun. If the Jazz make it to the post season and play in LA again, maybe we'll come up again.





2 comments:
That is hilarious!! I love all the pictures! Especially the one of you hand!
So fun! I loved seeing you on TV and getting your pictures during the game. It made me feel like I was there and I loved it!
Post a Comment