Thursday, June 28, 2012
Catch Up: Work, Disneyland, Mexico
So we're about a month out from my internship graduation. I am scheduled to take the RD exam on Tuesday, July 3. I really feel like I can't enjoy myself or make any plans before that date because all I want to do is study. Tomorrow is my birthday and I still haven't set any plans. Aside from studying...I know I want to get my nails done and go shopping. Other than that, I have no clue! Jeff and I will probably go out to dinner once he gets off work, which is just perfect for me.
A lot really has happened in the last month. The week after I graduated at the VA, I interviewed for a per diem position at Kaiser hospital and I got it! That was just the per-diem position I was hoping for too because I really would like to transition to full time at some point.
Jeff and I also went to Mexico for a week with my friends Sarah and Sylvia. That will have to be saved for its own blog post full of pictures, but in summary: We stayed at an all inclusive resort in puerto aventuras and did a lot of activities like kayaking, riding a catamaran, going to see dolphins/manatees, went on a tour of some ruins (Coba, Tulum) and a mayan village, got to hold a baby lion, toucan and squirrel monkeys, and ate a lot of good food and got a decent tan. It was great!
Here is a little sample though:
When we got back Jeff and I just worked a lot. Jeff is in charge of a test at work and has been working long hours and some weekend days. Poor guy works so hard!! I have been trying to work as much as possible all while trying to re-learn/study for the RD exam. I am enjoying my work at Healthy Dining though. I am doing more blogs and writing content for the site. I have to come up with little tag lines and headlines for all of the articles on the site. Here are some samples of things I have written.:
Ask the RD: Cheese, Italian Food
Birthday Blog, Date night Blog (coming this Friday)
I also had a trip to Disneyland with my friend's Chris and Heather since I graduated. It was a lot of fun! We have all been close friends since our junior theatre days in high school. I realized while we were there that I have been friends with Heather for half my life (and then I calculated that I have known Jeff for a quarter of my life!). We went the day before Cars Land opened at California Adventure, so there was a lot of press in the park. Apparently that means the characters are out in abundance. I have never been able to take pictures with this many characters. It was a lot of fun! A lot of the pictures I was tagged in facebook, but in case you didn't see that:
Jeff had to work that day, but we are going again on July 6, and Jeff will be coming with us!! (Heather, Chris and I have annual passes...Jeff says he only needs to go once every year...or every couple years. Haha!) So I am sure I will have many more pictures to share then.
I'll work on the Mexico post (probably after I take the RD Exam) and maybe get a disneyland post up soon!! Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)


1 comment:
I didn't even know you guys went to Mexico until the other day! Guess I should talk to you guys more often!
Congrats on graduating!
Jeff sounds like a true Hibshman from your comment about only going once a year :)
Glad you guys are having a good time!
Post a Comment