Sunday, July 08, 2012

Disneyland on 6/14/12

In March, my friend best Heather came back from Australia where she was living for a couple years. I picked her up from LAX and we immediately went to Disneyland.  We have that kind of special Disney connection. Shortly after we were able to drive (I think we were 18 & 19?) we got annual passes and would go to Disneyland on a regular basis. at least once a month. Now ten years later, we a annual pass carrying members and are starting to go quite a bit. Here are pictures from the trip we made on June 14 (the day before Cars Land opened, so we couldn't go to California Adventure). 


Kissing Mr. Toad. Some pictures you just have to get every time you're there...This is one of them.



On the Buzz Lightyear Ride



Heather is obsessed with Star Wars



We found Snow Wite




Mary Poppins told us that we reminded her of two of her friends, Belle and Merida...



See the resemblance???

After that, we decided to go try to meet the real Merida. Heather auditioned for the part and to every one's dismay, they hired a brunette and stuck a wig on her. We have a theory that Disneyland is anti-gingers because Heather never gets hired and they always hire non-red heads to play the red-headed princesses. (anyway, that is a tangent, but a conversation that Heather and I have often...)



Also, when we were meeting Merida, our friend Chris finally showed up (three hours late!) He also has an annual pass and is obsessed with Disneyland. We have been friends since 10th grade (which Heather has him beat by one year). 


We are Brave!



So, we had fun around the park and went out to Downtown Disney for lunch. We caught the monorail Downtown to take us back into the park. 

It was on this ride that I had a"Disney First" (which is pretty magical when you've gone as many times as I have). Chris and I got to sit in the VERY FRONT of the monorail with the conductor. there wasn't enough room for Heather so she took one for the team and sat in the car. It was so cool. 


So then we went on a bunch of rides and posed with a lot of characters (which aren't usually out in abundance, but probably because there were so many media types around, they wanted to make the park EXTRA magical). 


First attempt at the cell phone picture. 


See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. 


With Brear Bear


With Goofy and Max

With a Penguin




Lastly, a couple years ago, I looked up the locations of the closest Cafe Rio and knew that there was one in Orange County. On one of my trips back to San Diego, we pulled off the freeway at El Toro and were looking for a place to grab breakfast, and we drove past Cafe Rio. Unfortunately they were closed for Breakfast, but I knew where it was whenever I needed a fix. So, because we left the park a little early (probably around 7:30), we decided to swing by Cafe Rio on our way home. Heather was hooked and said she would wake up in the mornings and crave Pork Salad. So, we now have a new Disneyland tradition of Cafe Rio!


No comments: