Friday, September 19, 2008

Go...Broncos?

Bring a native San Diegan, I have always been a Charges fan. I often go back to the exciting year of 1994 when they were the AFC Champions and went to the superbowl in Miami, only to get clobbered by the 49ers. Ever since then I have had a feeling that they would make it back there and be Superbowl champions one day. Unfortunately, if it is this year, I wouldn't be rooting for them though.

Last weekend, Jeff and I sat down to watch the Charges play their biggest rivals, The Denver Brocos. Jeff just so happens to be a huge Broncos fan. I always say to him "Can't you just convert and be a Chargers fan since you are living in San Diego" and his response is always the same ("never!"). So I told him (feeling very confident) "Whoever wins this game will be the team that I root for for the rest of the season"

Well...to my dismay, the Broncos (or should I say, my new favorite team) pulled ahead in the last TWO MINUTES of the game. You all know what happened, I don't have to re-live it...

So, Go Broncos! Hopefully they will beat the Saints this weekend!

Side note - I really want to join or start a fantasy football team. I don't really know anything about running it, but if anyone knows of a team, or would like to start one, let me know!

-Hibshmanda

4 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

Ha that's so funny!

Anne-Marie said...

yeah...broncos are kinda a hibshman thing...good luck :) jon does fantasy football, call him if you have ?? he says it may be too late for this season, though :( He said that he's totally game next year, though!

Elle-Même said...

Really? You're changing alliances because the refs fucked up?

Melissa said...

I tagged you!