Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quick Little Update

Hello!

Well, Jeff and I are as busy as can be right now.

This is probably the most intense semester I have ever had. My two favorite classes this semester are essentially medical school for nutrition (we have to understand not only the disease states and how to treat them nutritionally, but also what lab values are effected, how its diagnosed, how it is treated medically...kind of a lot of information to pack into one semester!). It is supposed to be taken in two separate semesters, but I want to get out now! Another class that is consuming my life right now is a community nutrition and counseling class. It is community nutrition because we go work at WIC and teach classes there and then write multiple papers on our time spent there. I completed my hours last week, and was surprised at how much fun I had teaching the classes at WIC. The counseling part of that class is really fun, but there is so much work that is involved. We get these fake situations and then have a pretend counseling session with our classmates in front of our classmates. Its a little uncomfortable, and the 10 page papers we have to write about it before we do the counseling session aren't very fun either. I am not much of a writer (which is probably the reason I don't update my blog very often, unless I have pictures...) so having a class that is mostly based on writing papers isn't really my idea of fun. Another class I am in right now is food service management. It is from 7-10 at night once a week, and the material is really dry...but I have a great teacher who is trying to motivate us and tells good stories. I have my first test in that class tonight, so we'll see how much I like it after tonight.

As for Jeff, he has been working so hard lately. He has this project at work he has been working on, and the design review is coming up, and problems keep happening that need to be fixed. Unfortunately, because of his strong work ethic, he stays until the job is done and sometimes, that means staying until 9 at night (and going in at 6:30!) Poor guy needs a vacation. I keep trying to talk him into going on a trip after I graduate (I am really pushing for Italy...but it is doubtful we'll make it over there. I would be lucky if we made it to New York!) He has been golfing a lot lately too. Our next door neighbor, Michael, is an avid golfer, and always asks Jeff if he wants to come along. I went with them a couple weekends ago, and I actually had a really fun time. I am kind of starting to get better, so it is kind of getting more enjoyable :-)

In other news, it has been raining like crazy down here and the weather has just been pretty gloomy all month. The owner of our house has tried patching up our roof that leaks (in jeff's music room!) each time it rains, and last night the water was just coming in like crazy! I called the owner, and he came over and got up on the roof in the middle of the storm, and cleaned out a clogged drain. That seemed to help for the time being, but we are gonna get a new roof on this bad boy sometime soon! Hopefully it isn't too disruptive.

That's about it. I gotta get back to studying, but hope that gives everyone a good taste as to what has been going on in our little world lately.

Ta Ta For Now!!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Geez, woman! you are busy! It's good to hear that things are going well, though! You guys are awesome and we miss you!

Melissa said...

I feel your pain about the semester. This semester has totally sucked for me, and I for some reason I have several professors who are really into having us write papers..... I despise writing paper! I am horrible at it! Oh well, hopefully we can both just make it through!
But I am glad you are enjoying your classes for the most part! Hope you get your roof fixed too!

Anna Dutson said...

Wow! You guys are busy!

Hope your roof gets fixed soon.