As much as I wished Pubs would just go naturally without having to be euthanized he was just too strong and hearty, and needed help to let go. My parents hired a vet to come out to their house, and put Pubs to sleep in his own environment, with all of the family present. I hadn't seen pubs in a few weeks, so it was great that I got to spend a couple hours with him before he passed away. He got a couple bursts of energy while we were there. We went outside and he played one of his favorite games, "Chase the light" (which was second only to his all-time-favorite game of "licking-the-wall"). We even got it on tape (see video below). He got SUPER wound up when my brother got there and brought out his guitar. The guitar caused a giant glow from the sun and Pubs had a hay day.
It was great to be with my family and I am so thankful that I got to say "good bye" to Pubs before he passed. I didn't realize how attached I was to the little guy. So many good memories! Before I got married and moved out, he would always sleep with me in my room, and we would hang out together. He was such a loving dog. I used to love taking pictures of Pubs, so below are some pictures that I took of him throughout the years...
December 2012
Love at first sight! I really think Pubs was the cutest puppy ever.
Grandma, Chris and my Mom pose with Pubs
It looks like this might have been after Pubs' first surgery, 4 years ago.
Getting some love from Dad and Chris.
Strong Profile.
Cuddling with me in my room
Extreme close-up on Pubs.
And finally...a little game of "Chase the Light"






1 comment:
So sad when dogs die, that's something you never really get over. Glad you have good memories with him, those get you through the years as they pass by. Glad he got to play his favorite games on his last day!
Post a Comment