
(Great-Grandpa Kano, Great-Grandma, Grandma)
Yesterday, Jeff and I went to my Great Grandma's memorial service at my aunt Tricia's house. It was a really nice way to commemorate my grandma's life...just family, lots of laughs and some good food! My grandma was pretty awesome! Here is a little info about her...
*She was a beautician, owned several salons, and always had perfect hair and make up.
*She was married 5 times, never divorced (well, once divorced, but then they got re-married).
*She loved dancing.
*She loved her family.
*She was always the life of the party, telling stories and jokes (sometimes a little off color...)
*She would never admit her real age...but she could get away with it because she always looked at least 10 years younger than she was.
There was a lot that I really admired about her, especially her excitement for life. She thought she was invincible, even into her 90's. It was clear yesterday at the memorial, that Great-Grandma will be missed!
Leading up to the memorial, I helped my mom put together a video of pictures highlighting Grandma's life. It was a good bonding experience with my mom. It turned out great in the end, I think everyone was pleased with it.
Here are some pictures from the day:
The Angel Food Cake that I made (my first one from scratch...It turned out pretty well!)

Grandma Denton making a Banana Cream Pie (With her world famous crust!!!)

Male Bonding Time (L-R: Uncle David's legs, Great-Uncle Dan, His Friend, Cousin Tony, My Dad, Jeff, Cousin Chris)

Aunt Susan with my cute cousins (her grand-daughters): Tessa and Maile

Dad and Mom

Mom, Dad, me and Jeff





3 comments:
Amanda, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I remember her from the wedding. She was adorable! She reminded me a lot off you.
Send your mommy my love. I will try calling you sometime soon so that we can catch up. I miss you a whole bunch.
Renee
That is too bad about your grandma. It seems like she lived a full life though, which is good! And that cake looks delish! I am always impressed by the things that you make!
Your grandma looked like a beautiful lady! That party sounds like a fun way to celebrate her life. I agree with Melissa too...sweet cake. How DO you do it? :)
Post a Comment