California's state budget is embarassing...They can't get it together, and we have no money. The State school system is suffering for it, big time. I enjoy being organized and having things planned out, and so my schedule for the fall was all picked out at the end of last spring semester.
Then they took the schedule off line, Played around with it and rerranged everything. I adapted... Then they rearranged it again, so I would have to be at school from Monday -Thursday from around 8-3 everyday. That wouldn't fly with my job, so I was told that I can't work there in the fall...Great.
SO NOW...I go on to discover that the class that I need to take this fall is full/closed, because you have to take the lab with it, and they aren't offering enough lab sections. Did I mention this is a prerequisite for the classes i have to take the following semesters?
So now, I have to take classes that are for my major, but aren't a pre-requisite (which means, I can take them at any point...as in...not this semester because there are more important classes to take). ..Oh, and this class that I can't get into is the class that I am taking biochem this summer for (because biochem is a pre-rec for it...If I would have known that I couldn't get into that class this fall, then I could have had a summer off and worked all summer to make extra money and not have to cram biochem in my brain in 8 weeks...)
SO NOW...I had to re-do my schedule, and it looks like I will only be at school Monday and Wednesday from 10-7...
Can I have my job back?
This is just so frustrating. It makes me want to cry, or scream, or a little bit of both. I have worked so hard to get to this point. I have been working full time and going to school full time for the last three years, and I have a 3.7 GPA. You would think that I would get some kind of priority with registration...But I don't. And it might even push me back another semester, making me (yes) 27 when I graduate.
As you can tell, I don't handle it well when things don't go my way...


6 comments:
That's really lame!
Something like that happened to me once too, except it was that they cancelled my program and forgot to tell me even though I was still registered for the classes and had even paid for some of them.
MAN! I am so sorry, that does not sound like fun at all. It seems like schools can be really inconsiderate about stuff sometimes. I hope everything works out for the best.
Ok, that SUCKS! School is a pain, no matter how they do it, it always seemed to screw me over. For my LAST semester...the one where I was STUDENT TEACHING and didn't set foot on the campus the whole time...They wanted to charge me OUT OF STATE tuition, b/c my credit limit "was too high". Come to find out I only had 15 credits (one semester) that was not somehow related to my degree. Lucky for them I worked it out. UGH> I hope you CAN get yourjob back!
I am soooo sorry! That sucks! I have been very frustrated my school schedule too! They totally changed my major this past year! It is soooo annoying! Good Luck!
Sorry to hear about that! When it rains it pours, at least you can say that you gpa is excellent and that is definitely something to be proud of. If the state can't
recognize at least I can!! WAY TO GO YOU SMARTIE PANTS! :)
Reading your post infuriates me. As if school isn't bad enough already, there is the added stress of not getting into the classes you need. Ridiculous!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your job. I can't believe you've been working and going to school full time for the last three years. You're amazing!!!
Post a Comment