So, I got all of my school and work problems worked out. I am going to be working for an MD in La Jolla, doing FLT for her, which will be a lot of fun. It will only be a couple hours a week, so I am going to try to start a "errand running/meal planning/pre-cooked meals" business, that I can do from home, on the weekend, etc. It will be exciting if it takes off.
Last week, Jeff's brother Ben and his wife Brooke came to visit us in San Diego. Well, they were actually coming to go see a concert in LA, but they stayed with us for a couple nights. It was SO much fun having them down here. We went to the beach one day, and Jeff, Ben and Brooke played in the waves while I was lame and studied on the beach. We also watched Coraline and The Life Aquatic...however I fell asleep in both of them (as did everyone else. No reflection on the movies of course, just that we were all exhausted when we started them). We also ate at this really awesome hole-in-the-wall italian deli in La Mesa called BMH (http://www.bmhitalian.com/). Pretty good! We also took them to go eat at Lucha Libre Gourmet Taco Shop (http://www.tacosmackdown.com), which is slowly becoming me favorite in San Diego. The whole theme of the restaurant is mexican wrestler, and it is painted bright pink and blue. There is an amazing salsa bar, and amazing and cheap food. Next time anyone comes to visit...we have to go get Queso Tacos... yummy...
Here are some beach pics with Ben and Brooke:



In other news, this weekend, Jeff and I were going to see Public Enemies...and on the way there, I had a blow out in the middle of the freeway. It was pretty scary for me. When I was 16, I got in a major accident and totaled my first car all from having a blowout on the freeway. My friend had to go to the hospital, it was pretty bad. After that happened, I often had panic attacks whenever I drove at night, or on the freeway. I obviously got over it, but getting a blow out really freaked me out. Luckily, Jeff was there to coach me through what to do. We changed the tire, and went to Costco to get new tires put on. That was a large chunk of money down the drain, but I am so glad that we are both safe and my car is in good shape. We eventually went to go see Public Enemies and it was AWEsome!
This week is rather busy. Tomorrow is our anniversary (Two years!) and we are going to dinner at The Godfather. It is kind of our tradition, because that is where we had our rehearsal dinner. Golden Spoon also has sent us a coupon for two free yogurts on our anniversary...I think they sent it to me because I am their #1 customer...
Thursday, I take my final in Biochem...which shouldn't be too bad. I need to get 70 points on the test to get an A in the course...so I can technically bomb the final and still get an A...pretty good situation to be in I would say.
Friday, we fly out to South Dakota to visit with Sarah and Craig for a couple days. It is going to be lots of fun, because A) Sturgis is going on...the #1 party in all of America. B) It is Sarah and Jeff's birthday on Saturday. C) I finally get to go to Wall Drug!!
Hopefully I will be able to capture the next couple weeks on film to post here.
That's it...Bye!


3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Jeff! Sounds like you guys are going to have a fun August.
I like your tradition of The Godfather, that restaurant was so yummy!
Looks like you are having a fun and busy summer! I hope you have fun at Sturgis! And Happy Anniversary and also a Happy Birthday to Jeff and Sarah!
Post a Comment